TL-WR1043ND - UniFi Beta Firmware & Setup
Generally, the setup is similar to TL-WR841ND, please refer HERE for more details.
Before you proceed further, please read and make sure you fully understand that:
- The device I've tested is based on TL-WR1043ND Ver:1.8 on Huawei HG850a ,please read below for more feedback & confirmation from others.
- The beta firmware is made available on an As-Is basis, you are permitted to use it for testing and training purposes only, I shall not be liable for any damages cause to your device either before, during or after flashing the beta firmware.
- Except for other 3rd party firmware (eg, OpenWRT, DD-WRT), your device should still cover under warranty if you brick it accidentally after flashing with the beta firmware.
- Since this is not an official release, manufacturer may or may not response or patch immediately, I'll do my best to forward request, but no guarantee.
- I've personally tested it without any issues, before you start flooding my email, please do your part to spend some time to go through, check & re-check everything again, it should work just fine !
- If you prefer easier and faster setup, you may choose to restore the default setup file (below), make sure you read and understand the "ReadMe" file first!
- Based on my test, after plug-in the external USB2 HDD, it can detect, but the device's name won't show up under Network browsing. The work around is to enter the device's IP manually (eg: \\192.168.1.1\ ) then the share folder will show up.
Feedback & confirmation from others:
- LYN member godhpf confirmed the beta firmware works on TL-WR1043ND Ver:1.6
- Eric Cheah emailed me to confirm it works on Huawei HG655a VDSL2
- Kingston Seet emailed me to confirm it works on FibreHome BTU
- LYN member toytoy emailed me to confirm it works on Alcatel-Lucent BTU
Good luck & enjoy !!
Custom firmware now available on official TP-Link Malaysia website --> HERE .
Current tested stable version: wr1043nv1_en_3_13_4_up_110906
Default UniFi setup file for FW: 3.13.4 Build 110906 Rel.72204n (read the "ReadMe" file first!) : HERE (MD5: 92429326e0c79b8d0ba3304330a13b24 )
2011 Oct 28 (Previous)