Sony Xperia Arc LT15i (CM10 - Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
My almost 2 years old Xperia Arc LT15i, original with GB2.3, subsequently flashed to ICS4, now on JB4.1.2 with CyanogenMod CM10
After I bought the new Nexus 4 recently, this once-my-favorite Android phone now serve as backup phone .....
Been seeing many posts on flashing this device with the famous CyanogenMod by FreeXperiaProject team, so I decided to give it a try, it was quite challenging though to eventually get it work .....
All references, credits & thanks go to the following links/articles/authors
Important: Read through the above first to have some understanding on the overall flashing process.
Generally, this is what I did to get my LT15i work:
- Download the CM10 ROM (JB4.1.x) from HERE, I use FXP208 build at the time of this post, download the FXP208-xxx-anzu for Xperia Arc LT15i, copy the zip file to the microSD card root level
- Download the GoogleApps from HERE, look for 20121011 package, do not use any others! Copy the zip file to the microSD card root level
- Flash the device to the official 4.1.B.0.431 first using FlashTool, refer HERE for guide
- Next is to root the device, refer HERE for guide
- Then unlock the bootloader, refer HERE for guide
Now the device is ready to flash, basically just follow those guides/references above will do
- Always flash the boot.img first (unzip the CM10 ROM to extract)
- If encounter the "Status 7" error during recovery mode, it might due to kernel not "clean", bootloader still unlock, ROM file corrupted or cable issue
- If encounter AOKP keyboard issue after flashing, re-do everything again: re-flash boot.img, wipe data/cache/devik, re-flash ROM & GoogleApps (remember to use only the 20121011)
For me, I did almost 3 rounds to get it done without any errors, phew ...
And finally, the cool FreeXperia CyanogenMod boot up logo, nice
Pure Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with no nonsense bloatware
Next I immediatley install the following useful apps: