Beta Custom Firmware & Setup for UniFi (Also confirmed for SingTel's exStream !!)
The beta firmware is from ASUS which I've assisted in testing based on my Huawei HG850a and to provide feedback to their engineer team accordingly.
You are advised to read, fully understand and follow the exact steps before starting to email me. Should there be any problem encounter which I'm able to duplicate the same issue, I'll do my best to forward to ASUS engineer for further investigation.
Please note I don't own the firmware and I don't sell the product either, you buy and flash at your own risk.
Generally, the setup is similar to RT-N13U-B1 except for the following:
Utilities, Manuals & Stock Firmware : http://my.asus.com/Networks/WiFi_Networking/RTN56U/#download
Refer to the following RT-N13U-B1 section on how to setup the RT-N56U
IMPORTANT : Ensure you perform Factory Restore procedure each time BEFORE & AFTER flashing the firmware.
Firmware has been released officially, check out the latest version here --> ASUS Official Site .
For Utility, check out the relevant version below the same download page.
Default UniFi setup config file:
2011 July 27
Current latest custom firmware version RT-N56U_18.104.22.168o from Mirror .
- Fixed some DNS issue reported by Rizvanrp, thanks bro !
- Combined vlans setting for both UniFi & exStream, also with user-definable Vlan Tagging page, really cool stuff !!
- Turn off all equipments, wait for at least 2 mins
- Connect as per following diagram
- Power on BTU/VDSL, wait until it's completely booted up, say at least 2 mins
- Then only power up the device and enjoy !!
Version 22.214.171.124 (beta) & 126.96.36.199c (latest)
For "UniFi-Home" or "UniFi-Business" connection:
For "Others", connection will be based on:
For firmware RT-N56U_188.8.131.52o