UniFi Beta Firmware Test (126.96.36.199.32)
The stock unit comes with firmware version 188.8.131.52
Like usual, I perform Factory Restore before flashing the beta firmware
After the device re-booted, go straight to flash the beta firmware
DO NOT touch anything until it's fully completed with re-booted screen !!
After flashing the beta firmware & setup successfully, UniFi connected, both internet & IPTV no problem !
Purposely Disconnect & Renew IP to continue as follows
Test copying a 10GB file from NAS wirelessly to my ACER laptop with built-in Intel Link 5100 AGN, overall transfer rate is around 8MB/s, the highest so far I've tested in similar product class ! I placed the router at ground floor hall area, go upstairs room and into the washroom, 2 concrete wall & doors, can even get 4 bars!
Tested on my D-Link DNS-320 built-in BT client, full speed no problem.
Also tested on my old laptop with LinuxMint-LXDE with qBittorrent client, torrenting wirelessly over the weekend total about 15GB both up/down load without any problem.
QoS (Manual setup, not using the EzQoS function)
Tested over the weekend for more than 3 days, no disconnection, lagging or hang issues, this beta firmware is good !
Total 11 devices connected & tested, mixture of PCs, laptops, NASs, FTPs, media players, mobile phones, LED TV, etc ...
- Webgui access is responsive (I'm using the latest Mozilla 8.0)
- IPTV switching is fast with almost no lag
- WiFi performance is really impressive at this class, it reminds me his big-brother RT-N16 !
- The device temperature is low, consider warm only even after more than 3 days of heavy testing, so far this is the least heat router I've tested
- Overall I'm satisfied with this device, simple yet powerful enough to perform the job, another great UniFi router replacement option !
Click HERE for beta firmware & setup for UniFi