No worry if you brick the DIR-868L-A1, it has emergency rescue room
- Download the stock firmware from : http://global.dlink.com.sg/support/support_detail.asp?idproduct=624 .
- Change your PC/laptop IP to : 192.168.0.2 with subnet 255.255.255.0
- Unplug ALL cables from the DIR-868L-A1 first
- Use a paper clip insert onto the "RESET" hole (located on the bottom of the device)
- Press-down and continue holding the RESET button while inserting the power cable (hold for at least 10 seconds then release)
- Now connect a LAN cable to LANport1
- On PC/laptop, use browser navigate to 192.168.0.1
- Upload & flash the stock firmware
Wait patiently, it may take at least 2mins ...
Once the stock firmware boot-up, immediately go to " Tools --> System " to Restore Factory Defaults
Done, happy brick & unbrick