Select System Type = SwOS
Select Software Type = Stable
Thanks to LYN member Rizvanrp for recommending this first device to replace the DIR-615!
Also thank him for helping to configure and setup which was posted here.
- This device will handle vlan tagging (500 for Internet & 600 for IPTV), it does not has router and wifi functions
- User is free to choose and use their own prefer/existing router (not ADSL+router device), just need to setup PPPoE (like Streamyx)
- Ensure the RB250GS firmware is 1.2 and above before setup for UniFi, check manufacturer website for latest firmware
- The following setup is based on Rizvanrp's guide, I change to use Port1 for incoming, Port4 for internet & Port5 for IPTV
- Default IP is 192.168.88.1 user ID is "admin" with blank password
- You need to set your PC/laptop with static IP 192.168.88.x subnet 255.255.255.0 to access the device
Hard reset the unit first!
Setup for UniFi:
BTU[Port1] --> [Port1]RB250GS[Port4] --> [WAN]<your own router, setup PPPoE>
BTU[Port5] --> [LAN]Set-Top-Box IPTV