RT-N12-C1 Firmware & Setup for UniFi
The beta firmware is from ASUS which I've assisted in testing based on my Huawei HG850a and to provide feedback to their engineer team accordingly.
The instruction is clear enough, please spend some time to read through, fully understood it before email me.
Should there be any issue, provided I have time and I'm able to duplicate the issue, I'll do my best to forward to ASUS engineer for further investigation and rectification.
Please note I don't own the firmware and I don't sell the product either, you buy and flash at your own risk.
UniFi Setup Pre-Requisite:
- Download the latest beta firmware (at the bottom of this page)
- Perform clean flash, read carefully & fully understood the Factory Restore procedure through WebGui . (Note: If it fail or brick, then use Firmware Restoration (Win7) method)
- Get ready your UniFi PPPoE user ID & password (it's case sensitive!), it was written on the installation sign-off document, under the section "High Speed Internet - xx Mbps". If you are not sure, call TM CS, just tell them you want to change your own router, they MUST provide you !
- Setup as per following guide. (Again, during setup, DO NOT connect WAN or WiFi, only connect 1 cable to the device's LAN 2/3)
- Connect as per diagram (at the end of this article), ensure you connect the cables to the correct ports !
Setup for UniFi
Same as the RT-N12-B1, please refer HERE for detail steps.
Custom Firmware for UniFi
2012 Mar 19
First beta firmware RT-N12C1_184.108.40.206.33-3UniFi (MD5: 6a93405ce0807161c9f699d77def3da1 )
- Turn off all equipments, wait for at least 2 mins
- Connect as per following diagram, check & re-check again make sure you connect those cables to the right ports !!
- Power on BTU/VDSL2 first, wait at least 1 min, make sure the VoIP is working
- Power up the device, wait for at least 1 min, make sure the IPTV is working, enjoy !!
Connection layout is the same like the RT-N12-B1