D-Link DIR-868L (Ver.A1)
Finally, a first Broadcom AC1750 DualBand, 128RAM size, 1xUSB3, gigabit router from D-Link with custom firmware with 3 digits port-based VLAN to support UniFi
After the DIR-820L, 850L, 816L, I was joking with D-Link Malaysia sales guy: "is D-Link buying over RealTek or what, you guys really don't have something else meh?!" Thought I was joking and might not see other chip/model any time soon ... then tiba-tiba (suddenly) within a month, he handed over this unit and told me it's a Braodcom with custom FW for UniFi, surprised !!!!
Can see D-Link Malaysia is really serious about bringing in more choices for users here, good effort indeed !
Product information & reference:
- Firmware download - from D-Link Singapore (Note: might not the latest UniFi custom firmware)
- CNET Review - 4 Stars !
- PCWorld Review - Fast & Surprisingly Inexpensive !
UniFi both internet (vlan.500) & IPTV (vlan.600) working without any problem !
Excellent speed, especially 5GHz band Click HERE for testing detail
Tested the unit over the weekend for more than 2 days, quite some devices connected, no hiccup, so far so good, overall I'm satisfied
Except for :
- DDNS only support DynDNS, no others include my favourite No-IP
- QoS feature very basic & not really practical
- There is a "192.168.7.0" entry in routing table, have no idea what is it for
- Overall FW design & kernel is rather out-dated, it's time to revamp ...
Really hope D-Link will seriously look into the above and improve further, always look forward for better FW ...